We are offering a £2,000 Welcome Bonus to the Successful Applicant!
Join us as a Social Worker in Bath and receive a welcome bonus of £2,000 plus AFC terms and conditions (including the NHS pension!)
As a Social Worker your role will be varied so that no two days are the same, with opportunities for some home working between the home and office to help you to achieve a sustainable work/life balance.
You will be part of the First Response team consisting of a team manager, senior practitioners, social care practitioners, social workers and care advisors based at Peasedown, who are dedicated to providing outstanding care within the community, working Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (some flexibility offered) with no weekend or bank holiday working.
On 1 April 2024, Adult Social Care and Learning Disability services will transfer to Bath and North East Somerset Council with TUPE protection. We are collaborating to ensure a smooth and safe transition of services and staff in all eligible posts
We are a short-term service providing support to service users in the community working closely with the locality teams, health colleagues and community services.
As a Social Worker in the First Response team you will:
- Hold a case load of clients, carry out short term support, Care Act Assessments and Mental Capacity assessments.
- Be responsible for Care Planning and case management of adults including being the lead worker for safeguarding enquiries
You will be based primarily in Bath but will work across the whole of Bath and North East Somerset region.
The Ideal Candidate
You must be a qualified social worker and be registered with Social Work England.
Hold a Full UK Driver’s License and have access to a car/vehicle
Ideally you will have knowledge in learning disabilities and autism however, if you do not have this experience yet, please still apply as we are committed to growing our own, so will provide you with access to our in-house Learning and Development team and work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression.
You’ll care for service users and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
If you’d like to discuss the role further, or see a copy of the full job description, please contact Katherine Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Social Worker, you’ll be part of our valued team at Peasedown, Bath
You will feel valued as a social worker within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £32,688 - £36,616 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.