We have an exciting new opportunity which has arisen as a Support Worker as part of our new way of working on the bank. This role is community based, where you will have the chance to provide nursing care as delegated by the Senior Sister/ Team Sister and implement evidence-based nursing care within patient's homes.
We will provide you with a level of training and support to bolster your skillset to work across multiple functions if this is something you are interested in.
This is the perfect opportunity for a second or third year student studying towards their nursing degree or someone who has previous care experience looking for the flexibility to book bank shifts which best suit them.
Main Responsibilities include
- Enabling personal care and meal preparation
- Assisting with rehabilitation exercise programmes
- Monitoring observations and wellbeing,
- Joint visits with qualified professionals to support with moving and handling tasks to both prevent hospital admission and facilitate discharges.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate would have experience as a support worker or rehabilitation assistant.
You will be required to travel across all DGSS sites, including Dartford, Gravesend, Sittingbourne and Sheppey and since this is a community based role, a driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
As well as the attractive hourly rates of pay, at HCRG Care Group you will benefit from:
- Self-booking and access to all bank shifts! Staff are given access to all Bank shifts within their Business Unit and can self-book providing they meet the shift requirements.
- Request a Duty – Staff can make shifts or Day Off requests prior to the creation of a roster up to six weeks in advance. This helps promote a better work life balance and allows for personal commitments to be met
- HCRG Care Group is pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards
- Opportunities to work in different areas and various different services to gain new knowledge and experience
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Free statutory and mandatory training, as well as access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills and in-house opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.