Join our friendly team as a Nurse Prescriber at CRG Medical Services based in HMP Prison, Chelmsford.
Playing an integral role within our prison service, which aims to ensure primary care is at the heart of our everyday role, working as part of a team delivering care to patients both within the Healthcare Centre and on the Wings / House blocks within the prison environment.
You will work Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- To provide high quality care and treatment of newly diagnosed or long term conditions to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting.
- This role works as part of a team delivering care to patients both within the Healthcare Centres and on the Wings / House blocks within the prison environment.
- The role requires autonomous function and within the scope of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff.
- The individual must have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management.
- Assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals or external agencies.
- Provide healthcare interventions to manage Long term conditions, minor illness or injury and take appropriate actions and refer onwards for more serious conditions.
- Provide professional advice and support to Paramedics, HCA’s and non-clinical staff to ensure effective health care in line with current best practice.
- Work alongside the GPs managing care and treatments for the patients as well as completing tasks
- Make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records.
- Be responsible for the Emergency response radios and attend all emergency calls on shift when required
- Lead and participate in primary clinics managing your own caseload when required
- Undertake and support in prison audits.
- Provide written statements as required and to give oral testimony as required in any Court or Tribunal
- Undertake all duties as required of a Healthcare Professional in HMP Chelmsford and to comply with the competencies, knowledge and skills framework of the Department of Health
- Comply with all requirements and/or legislation of the post
- Complete all mandatory training and keep this up to date to work safely
- Carry out any other activity or action appropriate to the role of a Prison Registered General Nurse as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Must be confident and capable of autonomous practice and able to work independently
- To act as a patients advocate in a non-judgemental manner
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Registered Nurse (Registered General Nurse (RGN) with active PIN
- All candidates are subject to prison vetting checks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a Prison environment
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Free DBS
- Employee of the Quarter bonus (nomination based)
- Support with the revalidation for Nurses
- Additional funded training opportunities available upon application
- Refer a friend scheme worth £250
About the Company
We have experience delivering solutions for Police Forces, ranging from some of the most rural areas in the country to heavily urbanised populations.
We work closely with our police partners and other stakeholders across the secure healthcare market to provide high quality, innovative solutions in this challenging environment.
Our work allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.