Join our friendly team as a Registered (adult) Nurse, Mental health nurse with relevant experience or Paramedics with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience at CRG Medical Services.
Playing an integral role within our custody healthcare service, which allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.
You will work 2day, 2nights 4 off on a full time contract which allows you to plan ahead. (part time hours are available)
- To undertake comprehensive clinical assessments and offer care to persons detained by the police or other agencies as required – to assess fitness for detention, interview, release or transfer.
- To provide healthcare interventions to manage minor illness or injury and take appropriate actions and refer onwards for more serious conditions.
- To undertake forensic examination of persons in police care – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and/or collect DNA evidence
- To undertake forensic examination of police officers/staff injured whilst on duty – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and manage these appropriately
- To collect specimens as required under legislation
- To provide written statements as required
- Following the relevant training, attend any Court or Tribunal as required
- To make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records
- To assess alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal
- Identify vulnerabilities and safeguarding pathways
- To support the clinical governance agenda of the organisation
- Administer medications through PGDs (patient group directions) and PTPs (Patient treatment protocol)
- Work within your professional scope of practice and governing bodies (NMC & HCPC)
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Must be confident and capable of autonomous practice and able to work independently
- To act as a patients advocate and to support them through the criminal justice process in a non-judgemental manner
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Registered Nurse (Registered General Nurse (RGN) Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) 2 years experience
- Mental Health Nurses must have experience with drug and alcohol withdrawal/rehab and ideally an understanding of chronic diseases such as Diabetes
- Registered Paramedic (Qualified for 2 years)
- Must have current manual driving license with no restrictions and access to their own vehicle
- All candidates are subject to police vetting checks
- Recent broad knowledge base in an environment such as GP practice, A&E, Minor injuries, and acute settings
- Experience in a custodial environment
- Experience of venepuncture
- Proof of current up to date ILS (Immediate life support)
- Welsh speaker
- Free Uniform
- Set rolling rota based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (2 day 2 nights, 4 off based on full time hours)
- Free DBS
- Free Mandatory training including face to face child and adult safeguarding level 3 and ILS
- Employee of the Quarter bonus (nomination based)
- Monthly pay flexi workers (Bank)
- Support with the revalidation for Nurses
- Additional funded training opportunities available upon application
- Free parking available
- Company pool car whilst on shift with a fuel card (Aberystwyth)
- Paid Shadow shifts prior to starting
- Full induction package
- Refer a friend scheme worth £250
About the Company
CRG is one of the leading providers of Forensic Medical Services within the UK.
We have experience delivering solutions for Police Forces, ranging from some of the most rural areas in the country to heavily urbanised populations.
We work closely with our police partners and other stakeholders across the secure healthcare market to provide high quality, innovative solutions in this challenging environment.
Our work allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.