Are you an experienced and dedicated nurse seeking a rewarding career with an exceptional work-life balance? Look no further! We are thrilled to offer an exciting opportunity for a skilled Custody Nurse to join our dynamic team. The role is known as 'Health Care Practitioner' (HCP).
You must be confident and able to make quick decisions. The benefit of this role is that you will work autonomous and manage your own workload.
Salary: £37,000 per annum (full-time)
Band: Minimum Band 5
Experience: 2 years' minimum experience required
Why Choose Us? At HCRG Care Group and CRG medical, we recognize the importance of providing high-quality care while ensuring our dedicated staff members maintain a fulfilling work-life balance. As a Custody Nurse with us, you'll enjoy numerous benefits:
Professional Growth: Join a supportive team that values your development. Enhance your skills and expand your knowledge through ongoing training opportunities.
Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of those in our custody, providing compassionate care that makes a difference. Become part of a team that values your expertise and well-being.
- To undertake comprehensive clinical assessments and offer care to persons detained by the police or other agencies as required – to assess fitness for detention, interview, release or transfer.
- To provide healthcare interventions to manage minor illness or injury and take appropriate actions and refer onwards for more serious conditions.
- To undertake forensic examination of persons in police care – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and/or collect DNA evidence
- To undertake forensic examination of police officers/staff injured whilst on duty – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and manage these appropriately
- To collect specimens as required under legislation
- To provide written statements as required
- Following the relevant training, attend any Court or Tribunal as required
- To make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records
- To assess alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal
- Identify vulnerabilities and safeguarding pathways
- To support the clinical governance agenda of the organisation
- Administer medications through PGDs (patient group directions) and PTPs (Patient treatment protocol)
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must be a Registered Nurse or Registered Paramedic.
All types of medical experience will be considered. This role is exciting and different from other typical medical settings. It requires quick thinking, great communication and the ability to work independently.
Qualifications: To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- A minimum of 2 years' nursing experience
- A valid driving license to facilitate transportation needs
You will feel valued as a Health Care Practitioner (HCP) within CRG Medical Services, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £37,000 salary (FTE) + secure your financial future with our group pension scheme
- Enjoy a well-deserved break with 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Company Policy Sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Life Assurance
- My Reward Hub: Gain access to exclusive perks, including funding for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to support your health and well-being.
- Free Independent Mortgage Advice: Navigate your way to homeownership with our expert mortgage guidance.
- Fertility Benefits: Access resources to support your fertility journey, emphasizing your holistic well-being.
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ring fenced innovation funding each year
About the Company
CRG is one of the leading providers of Forensic Medical Services within the UK.
We have experience delivering solutions for Police Forces, ranging from some of the most rural areas in the country to heavily urbanised populations.
We work closely with our police partners and other stakeholders across the secure healthcare market to provide high quality, innovative solutions in this challenging environment.
Our work allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.