Are you a reflective, motivated, and dynamic registered nurse who is looking for an opportunity to work with children and families in the community?
We are delighted to expand our Health Visiting Team to include Band 5 staff nurses and are introducing this role across all teams in Bath and North East Somerset. This role is based at our Somer Valley hub but we have roles at our other bases too. Our bases are in Bath, Keynsham, and Somer Valley. A full induction programme will support you in transitioning to this role.
You will play a vital role in ensuring that every child gets the best start in life through delivering health promotion and core services to children 0-5 and their families as part of the Healthy Child Programme. You will require excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work in partnership with other teams and agencies, good communication skills and a passion for improving outcomes for children and families.
You will be part of the health visiting skill mix team with community nursery nurses which is led and supported by health visitors in localities across Bath and North East Somerset. A commitment to team and partnership working with the early years sector is essential, as well as the ability to manage yourself in a hybrid working model between hubs, families’ homes, and community venues. You will need to be literate in IT and able to use electronic records.
We highly value our colleagues and their well-being. Restorative supervision, access to well-being platforms as well as regular management and clinical supervision is in place as routine.
There are both part time and full time posts available across the three hubs. We would love to hear from you.
- Participate in the delivery of the healthy child programme mandated contacts for the universal service and family drop-in sessions.
- Deliver brief interventions using an outcome approach for vulnerable families to support with behaviour and emotional wellbeing.
- Support the health visitors with the single point of access telephone line
- Support the health visitors with protecting children and supporting families who require safeguarding process or children who are looked after.
- You will supervise nursery nurses offering support and guidance
- You will need to attend regular supervision sessions, clinical, safeguarding and management created to ensure you feel supported and are able to share experiences to learn from peers and develop your own skills and knowledge.
- Act professionally in record keeping and maintaining contemporaneous electronic records.
The Ideal Candidate
The essentials needed for this role:
- You must be a Registered Nurse active on the NMC register
- You must hold a valid UK drivers license with access to a vehicle
- A willingness to learn, take on additional training and travel across localities
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact:
Bath City: Lisa Hobbs at Lisa.Hobbs@hcrgcaregroup.com
Keynsham: Mandy Dams at Mandy.Dams@hcrgcaregroup.com
Somer Valley: Pippa Sparks at Pippa.Sparks@hcrgcaregroup.com
As a Staff Nurse (Health Visiting Team), you’ll be part of our valued team at one of our bases in Bath, Keynsham and Somer Valley.
You will feel valued as a Staff Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £27055- £32394 Band 5 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.