We're looking for Band 6 Ward Nurse with a Registered General Nursing qualification and license to practice, you can have had experience in the Community / Ward / Rapid Response or a Care Home back Ground, as we are looking for clinical skills alongside leadership ability.
You will join our innovative and passionate team based in Livingstone Community Hospital in Dartford which is commutable from London and surrounding areas. As an organisation we have services across North Kent in Dartford, Gravesend, Sittingbourne and Sheppey.
In this job role you will have to work 1 in 4 weekends and bank holiday working is required, we also have the following shift patterns:
- Long day: 07:00 - 20:00
- Early shift 07:00 - 15:00
- Late shift 12:00 - 20:00
- Night shift 07:30 - 07:30
This role is specifically related to the day and long shifts yet we have flexibility for nights.
Within this role, you will:
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care
- You will show leadership ability and have capability to manage your own caseload and upskill the band 5 staff members
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a registered Nurse with license to practice and should be passionate about the rehabilitation of patients in your care and be encouraging them to aid their ability for independent living. Our services operate 24/7, so a willingness to cover all shift patterns including nights and weekends is essential.
If you have worked in a Ward, Rapid Response, Community or a care home enviroment. The key skills are based on the clinical knowledge and managerial exposure.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
As a Band 6 Sister, you’ll be part of our valued team at Livingstone Community Hospital
You will feel valued as a Ward Sister within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £33,706 - £40,588 Band 6 Salary with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location
- Plentiful on site-parking
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.