Our Community Dental Service provides comprehensive clinical care to patients with special needs and patients with special dental requirements across 6 Dental Clinics within Surrey. The Community Dental Service is led by an operational Service Manager with the support of a Clinical Lead and dedicated team who provide an invaluable service to our patients.
Right now, we are looking for a Senior Dental Officer to join our team and continue to help us change things for the better.
The Senior Dental Officer will work 3 days in our Leatherhead / Tattenham clinic and 2 days in our Guildford clinic.
As a Senior Dental Officer with us at HCRG Care Group, you will:
- Provide comprehensive, clinical care to patients with a variety of special needs and patients with special dental requirements.
- Provide a full range of high quality treatments for special care adults and children whose needs have prevented them from accessing dental care through a General Dental Service.
- Plan and manage care where there are complex medical co-morbidities or the situation requires the involvement of other professionals and/or carers to resolve complex patient management.
- This will include providing comprehensive dental care under inhalation sedation.
- Be prepared to provide dental care in the community, hospital or domiciliary setting.
- Liaise with colleagues and other healthcare professionals as necessary and provide onward referral if appropriate.
- Maintain professional knowledge and awareness of current dental issues.
- Take part in clinical audit, peer review and other clinical governance requirements
The Ideal Candidate
The essential qualities we are looking for in our applicants are:
- GDC Full Registration
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing Community Dentistry
- BDS or equivalent
- Holds a PCT performer number
- Excellent clinical skills, management of the dental environment and delivery of dental services in a variety of settings
- Commitment to continuing professional development and compliance with GDC requirements for recertification
- Excellent range of clinical skills and experience in caring for children and adults with special needs
- Experienced in the provision of dental care under inhalation sedation
- Be either a Registered Specialist in Paediatric Dentistry, Registered specialist in Special Care Dentistry or a hold Postgraduate qualification in Paediatric and/or Special Care Dentistry.
- Experienced in treatment planning and provision of treatment under general anaesthesia and inhalation sedation
- Commitment to ongoing CPD alongside personal and service development and improvement.
As a Senior Dental Officer, you’ll be part of our valued team in our Surrey Dental Service
You will feel valued as a Senior Dental Officer within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £69,930 - £81,793 salary with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location
- Plentiful on site-parking
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.