A Band 5 School Staff Nurse opportunity has arisen working for HCRG Care Group, Chippenham, as part of the Wiltshire wide School Nursing Team.
You will be a Registered Nurse with an interest in providing services to Children, Young People and their families within the community setting. You’ll join an experienced team who are focused on clinical excellence.
We are very excited to be delivering our School Nursing Public Health Service to provide the Healthy Child Programme using a holistic approach in order to ensure a comprehensive Public Health Service to the school aged population and their families.
The service embraces electronic record keeping, mobile working and a Single Point of Access (SPA) for all services delivered to the 0-19 population, providing one record for one child.
Working within the Chippenham, you will be part a team of other Staff Nurses and School Health Support Workers, led by Specialist Community Public Health School Nurses, working closely with other SCPHN's, Schools, and all other community services supporting the 0-19 population, such as Health Visitors, Community Nursery Nurses, Speech and Language Therapists, and Community Paediatricians.
Please note this is a Flexible Part Time Role.
As a School Staff Nurse, led and supported by the Specialist School Nurse (SCPHN) you will:
- Plan and deliver work in line with the Healthy Child Programme to Children, Young People, and their Families, supporting their physical, mental and emotional health.
- Advocate for Children/Young People and their families.
- Carry out Individual Health Needs Assessments for vulnerable and Looked After Children
- Manage an allocated caseload to deliver universal health promotion, and enhanced services to address identified needs of individuals and communities, including safeguarding.
- Participate and engage with safeguarding pathways, policies and the child protection process, and ensure the safety and well being of children is at the heart of all work.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to empower and support Children and Young People to reach their potential.
The Ideal Candidate
This is an opportunity to put your Registered Nurse Qualification to great use.
You will possess an enthusiasm to improve outcomes for children, demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
Strong communication skills and a flexible approach will ensure you deliver positive experiences for children and their families at every stage of their healthcare journey.
Experience of working in a community setting, and an ability to relate positively to children and young people of all ages is beneficial.
You will hold a full driving license and have the use of your own vehicle.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
If you would like to discuss the role further, contact Lucy Binney via email: email@example.com or call 07976857832
As a School Staff Nurse, you’ll be part of our valued team at Chippenham.
You will feel valued as a School Staff Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £28,407 - £34,581 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a number of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency, and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.