Are you a committed and enthusiastic GP - General Practitioner looking for an exciting role within a well-established surgery, which offers a new way of working and varied patient caseloads, and a fantastic work-life balance?
As our GP, you will need to be a dynamic, proactive, and approachable member of our primary care team, whose skills will ensure the safe and quality-driven services that are being provided in an efficient and systematic manner over 10 sessions per week.
About Church Lane Surgery:
The role is based at our Church Lane Surgery, in the heart of the historic Saxon town of Braintree. Church Lane is a vibrant and dynamic surgery offering person-centered care to 12,200 patients from the local area. We have a diverse, multi-skilled team including paramedics, pharmacists, and ANPs, offering a variety of different types of care to our patients as well as sub-specialist services. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and innovative GP to lead and support our multidisciplinary primary care team, and to assist and inform the ongoing transformation program.
Our mission is to provide patients in Braintree with high-quality, easy, and convenient access to a GP or nurse when they need it. Our core values and principles are:
- Patient-centric: putting patients at the heart of everything we do.
- Quality: providing the highest standard of care and treatment.
- Ethical: operating within an ethical framework through openness and transparency.
- Passionate: being passionate about enhancing caring for our patients.
- Teamwork: supporting and sharing with all members of our team and partners.
Recently Church Lane Surgery has implemented a hub-based MDT triage model, underpinned by best-in-class technology, that is at the heart of helping to transform our care delivery model to ensure:
- Patients are treated according to clinical need/urgency
- The best technology is used to help capture data about patients and assist the clinical team to make the right decision and communicate swiftly and clearly both with patients and the rest of the team
- Every clinician has the opportunity to work together in teams to ensure decisions are the safest they can be, expertise is shared and everyone is able to learn from each other
- Administrative processes are supported by a highly motivated and well-trained admin team using the most up-to-date technology so that clinical staff oversee – but do not do – administrative processes that underpin excellent clinical practice
As a GP - General Practitioner you will:
- Always maintain the highest clinical standards and practices in accordance with accepted good medical practice and service standards.
- Promote the health and well-being of all medical and clinical staff within the practice by promoting efficient working methods and behaviours.
- Keep up to date with advances in medicine and practices in line with national and local guidance and support other medical and clinical staff to do the same.
- Take an active role to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategy, and to assist in the development of new ideas and systems to improve patient outcomes.
- Assess patient requests on our triage platform and determine the best course of action while working as part of our cross-disciplinary multi-skilled hub team, mentoring more junior clinicians.
- Promote the application of standards, protocols and codes of practice as set by Royal College of General Practitioners, General Medical Council, all other Royal Colleges and Councils applicable to the staff within the practice, Department of Health, Commissioning Bodies and all other regulatory and standard setting organizations.
- Good Prescribing Practice as defined by the National Prescribing Centre, British national Formulary (BNF) and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. Controlled Drugs legislation
- Guidance agreed by local medicines management teams and Locally adopted and authorised Patient Group Direction
- Ensure all medical referrals for patients meet best practice guidance for assessment and record keeping and this is audited on a regular basis.
- Take an active role in working towards meeting the Quality and Outcome Framework targets.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as the employer and employee review at appraisal.
For Full responsibilities please see attached Job Description.
Proposed job plan
The precise job plan will be developed and agreed with you and reviewed at least annually. It will include specified sessions for:
Direct Clinical Care (DCC) = clinical activity, clinical related activity including administration, predictable and unpredictable work, and clinical supervision. Includes safeguarding medical examination, attendance at case conferences, providing advice and reports and undertaking peer review and supervision.
Supporting Professional Activities (SPA) = Continuing Professional Development, undertaking clinical audit, attending, and delivering teaching sessions, service development and other clinical governance activity
Proposed plan of programmed activities PAs
- 6 GP Clinic Sessions a week 0.6 (including admin)
- 4 Triage Hub sessions a week 0.4 (including admin)
Total 10 PAs (40 hours per week)
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- UK recognised medical degree (MBChB, MBBS)
- Full GMC Registration
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Excellent team-working, leadership, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a Multidisciplinary Team
- Excellent IT skills
- Evidence of interest in additional clinical skills
- Able to perform minor surgery
- Experience of GP Clinical systems
As a Salaried GP - General Practitioner, you’ll be part of our valued team at Church Lane Surgery, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- A competitive salary of up to £110,000 (pro rata) depending on experience - including an NHS pension
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.