Have you previously qualified as a SCPHN Health Visitor and looking to complete a Return to Practice so you can move back into a rewarding career within your local community?
We have partnered with Plymouth University to allow you to work alongside our supportive and dedicated Healthy Family Team in Lancashire, whilst completing your return to practice course virtually.
On successful completion, you will be eligible to re-register with the NMC as a SCPHN Health Visitor.
Working within Lancashire 0-19 Services offers a unique environment, with clear visibility of senior management who are easily approachable due to their hands-on approach, which includes our Business Unit Head. You will feel listened to and be given the platforms to have your voice and ideas heard.
We are striving to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for children and families in the community, for the community, with the community.
To complete this course, you will be willing to commit to a mixture of practical days, virtual study days and self-directed study with the support of local colleagues and the tutor from Plymouth University, along with 300 hours practice hours within our Healthy Family Team.
In return, you will be offered a permanent Health Visitor position and get to continue in a rewarding career on completion of the course. Your salary will also be moved to the relevant pay point on the Band 6 scale once your SCPHN PIN is confirmed.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have previously qualified as a SCPHN (Specialist Community Public Health Nurse) Health Visitor and be passionate about changing the lives of families in your local community. You will have access to a car for work purposes and be happy to commit to a mixture of practical and virtual learning.
For more information, please contact Ruby Roberts email@example.com
As a return to practice SCPHN Health Visitor, you’ll be part of our valued team in Lancashire 0-19 Services, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £34,581 (Top Band 5 Salary) with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.