We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Practice Nurse to join our team at Sutherland Lodge Surgery, where we are committed to delivering excellent care to our community through innovation, teamwork, and a passion for healthcare delivery.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team where you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and concepts to enhance the quality of our service.
About Sutherland Lodge Surgery:
Sutherland Lodge Surgery is run by HCRG Care Group on behalf of Mid and South Essex Community Services. We provide patients with access to high quality healthcare in Chelmsford. We are open to new patients wishing to register with us.
We are committed to providing our patients with a full general practice service and access to a range of health professionals. We offer a range of health services and information as well as advice and treatment for a range of illnesses and minor injuries.
Nursing procedures to include, but not limited to:
- Wound management
- Measuring blood pressure & Venepuncture
- Routine injections as prescribed
- Cervical Smears
- Childhood and Adult immunisations, including reading and reviewing Patient Group Directives (PGDs) and Patient Specific Directives (PSDs)
- Well Person Health Checks including Foreign Travel Counselling, NHS Health Checks, Lifestyle and New Patient Checks
- Long Term Condition Management
- Poor Health prevention consultations
- Asylum seeker healthchecks
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered professional with current NMC registration.
- 2 years nursing experience, experience in primary care is desireable but not essential.
- Experience of treating minor injury and minor illness.
- Full time position
- Up to £37,500 + NHS Pension and annual leave
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
- Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
- We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, di-verse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
- While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
- As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance, so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.