We have an exciting opportunity for an Immunisation Administrator Support Worker to aid the delivery of the immunisation service to the school aged population across Wiltshire but will require occasional wider travel across the B&NES, Swindon and Wiltshire locality.
As a member of the Immunisation Team and part of the wider public health service, the post holder will work collaboratively with School Nurses, Educational staff, Primary Care colleagues, Public Health and other agencies to ensure a highly efficient, effective and safe service is provided.
As an Administrator Support Worker you will work in a variety of settings, including schools and community venues to deliver the National Childhood Immunisation Programme and carry out immunisation administration duties and provide support to the team.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours across the week based at our Salisbury hub, High Post Business Park.
There is a degree of flexibility on how these hours are worked between Monday - Friday however we are happy to discuss this more at interview stage.
To learn more about the role please contact Mandy Goddard at Mandy.Goddard@hcrgcaregroup.com to arrange an informal discussion.
As an Immunisation Administrator Support Worker you will:
- Actively engage with promoting vaccine uptake and with general health
- Work with the wider support worker team to complete all administrative duties
- Accurately process data post session into clinical systems
- Travel to vaccination venues and assist in transport of vaccines and equipment
- Set up venues for immunisation sessions.
- Maintain excellent communication with children, young people, and their families
- Manage own time effectively to meet service need
Please see the attached Job Description for a full list of responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Care certificate or equivalent, or willingness/ability to complete
- Enthusiasm for working with children and young people
- Ability to deal sensitively with anxious and distressed children and adults
- Capacity to work both autonomously and under direction as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness to work flexibly and respond to changing work force demand
- A Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams.
As an Immunisation Administrator Support Worker, you’ll be part of our valued team at High Post, Salisbury.
You will feel valued as a Immunisation Administrator Support Worker within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- A salary of £22,000 and group pension
- Free Car parking
- Free tea and coffee at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We're a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn't happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we'll need to close it earlier than the date we've shown here. If you're keen to join our team, we'd love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
To find out more about HCRG Care Group, please visit https://www.hcrgcaregroup.com/about-us-2