Join us as a highly motivated and experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioner in our West Lancashire Urgent Care in Ormskirk and Skelmersdale Walk in Centre and receive full AFC terms and conditions.
As an Emergency Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing expert clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment to patients in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team, using your experience to practice autonomously and flexibly.
The service runs 365 days a year, between 8am – 8pm. You will be given your rota 6 weeks in advance working between the two sites, on either a full or part time basis with a blend of either long or short working days to ensure a comfortable work life balance.
Join our team and help us provide the highest standard of care to patients in need.
We are looking for a successful candidate who will be responsible for the following:
- Undertake assessment and management of patients in a timely manner, actively contributing to effective delivery of the service based on demand.
- Undertake diagnosis and when applicable subsequently provide clinical treatment according to extended nurse prescribing formulary.
- Provide clinical leadership to the nursing team including non-qualified nursing roles and implement and develop a system of peer review and support for the clinical supervision of the nursing team.
- Adapt to changing environment within the UCC as services develop, when required attend meetings and networking events to deliver presentations about the service.
For more information, please contact Maureen Riley, Service Manager on email@example.com
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered NMC qualification
- Have or be willing to work towards a level 7 in clinical examination and non-medical prescribing V300.
- Experience in an Urgent Care/Primary Care or similar setting is essential as well as the ability to travel across both sites.
- Accredited A&E or minor illness qualification
As an Emergency Nurse Practitioner, you’ll be part of our valued team at West Lancashire Urgent Care Centre.
You will feel valued as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Band 7 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.