As a Domestic Assistant within our hotel services, we offer you a unique opportunity to gain experience across domestic, catering and portering services so no two days will be the same.
You'll be based at Paulton Memorial Hospital, working Monday – Friday 25 hours per week, shifts will be between 2pm - 7pm. You may also be asked to support your colleagues at both sites when required.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- A range of cleaning duties working to National Cleaning Standards ensuring a safe clean environment for service users and clients.
- Cleaning duties within clinical areas which include, Vacuuming, mopping, floor cleaning, damp dusting, low level dusting, high level dusting, bed cleaning, curtain changing, Infection and out-break cleans ensuring cleanliness is of a high standard.
- To exercise good hand and personal hygiene procedures at all times, following Covid-19, infection control and COSHH policy and procedures.
- To serve/ assist with service user meals, snacks and beverages, collecting in and washing up of cutlery and crockery.
- Ensure food quality, quantity, temperature and waste procedures are followed.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is seeking a role that offers variety and where you get to work as part of a team, which also includes liaising with clinical managers and other staff on the ward.
You will be required to work to a daily cleaning schedule using your own initiative when working alone.
For more information, please contact Lynne Kimpton at Lynne.Kimpton@hcrgcaregroup.com
You will feel valued as a Hotel Services Domestic Assistant within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £18,525.00 and access to our group pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Access to Reward Gateway - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Lesuire Vouchers
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our rated services considered overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 by our Chief Executive Dr Vivienne McVey and like-minded colleagues, we are one of the UK’s leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services.
From around 500 locations across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year – guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
HCRG Care Group is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.