We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced specialist nurse to join our Dermatology service.
As a Lead Nurse within HCRG Care Group your days will be fulfilling and varied and will include providing professional, managerial and clinical leadership for the nursing team, so you will need to be able to demonstrate significant clinical leadership through innovation, leading on change management and supervision of junior staff and peers. You will also be required to support the Clinical Lead and Service Manager to deliver efficient services that meet or exceed required quality standards within the Dermatology Service.
- Monitoring nursing and health care assistant staff and carrying out 1:1s and Appraisals
- Providing surgical support for patients requiring diagnostic minor procedures
- Providing care patients within the skin cancer service Including Informing patients of their diagnosis and reviewing them following the diagnosis with skin cancer.
- Independently make onward referrals
- Ensuring that nursing staff are trained and supervised.
- To oversee the training of staff to be able to carry out phototherapy, help in the organization of case loads and oversee the monitoring of patients undergoing phototherapy treatment Including train staff to use and maintain the phototherapy equipment.
- Drug monitoring clinics of patients requiring systemic medication for chronic disease management such as Isotretinoin and methotrexate.
- Completing required audits.
- To complete Mandatory Training yearly
- Maintain contemporaneous patient electronic records.
- Be involved in the development of the service.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a Registered NMC Nurse with significant post registration experience in a leadership role within Dermatology services. You will also need to have experience previously working as a clinical supervisor along with highly developed specialist knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience.
You will feel valued as a Dermatology Lead Nurse with HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £50,952 - £57,349 Band 8a salary with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Working for an organisation that has been shortlisted in the Nursing Times Workforce Awards 2023 for Best Equality and Diversity Project and Best Social Responsibility Programme. We are also delighted to have been shortlisted for the Wellbeing and Employee Engagement Award for our menopause support package, and for the Best Cost of Living Response Award for our cost of living support. The winner will be announced at the CIPP's Annual Excellence Awards on Thursday 5 October.
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We're a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn't happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and well need to close it earlier than the date we've shown here. If you're keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
To find out more about HCRG Care Group, please visit https://www.hcrgcaregroup.com/about-us-2