We understand that many healthcare professionals are seeking a transition away from physically demanding patient-facing roles while still making a significant impact in healthcare. That's where our ‘Clinical Triage Lead’ role comes in!
We are utilising technology to be at the forefront modern approaches to healthcare. You'll be part of a dynamic office-based team at our BaNES Care Coordination Centre in Peasedown St John that harnesses your clinical expertise to guide and support patients.
As a Clinical Triage Lead, you will lead the clinical triage team as part of a wider approach to multidisciplinary care, interacting with services such as Reablement, Virtual Ward/Urgent community Response teams, Social Care, District nursing and Community Matrons. We use cutting-edge telephone technology to effectively triage and manage referrals, providing urgent, immediate, and decisive responses tailored to patient needs. You'll also collaborate with our Virtual Ward team, leading the charge in innovative patient care.
We prioritize your growth and development. We offer continuous learning opportunities through university courses and extended training to help you reach your full potential. We believe in work-life balance and offer flexible and remote working options within our core service hours of 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.
If you are a Nurse or an Allied Health Professional with experience working in in either urgent or community services, we would love to hear from you!
Together we can manage admission avoidance, hospital discharges, and help ensure patients receive the care they need!
Interview date: Wednesday 20th December
As a Clinical Triage Lead you will be a vital part of keeping hospital admissions down but ensuring patients are put-first – but all from the comfort of an office setting!
- Gather patient information and make efficient referrals using telephone, electronic systems, or emails.
- Lead and advise on the complex assessment of a patient’s condition remotely.
- Identify the most appropriate care pathway through advanced knowledge of clinical pathways.
- Use expert clinical reasoning and knowledge of evidenced-based practice to inform complex triage and case intervention.
- Understand and apply knowledge of clinical systems to enable appropriate documentation of clinical records.
- Act as a clinical resource for Band 6 colleagues and Care Coordinators,
- Maintain accurate systematic documentation of Patient/Health Professional interactions/advice provided.
Please see attached job description for a full list of job responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
If you're a band 6/7 Nurse/Allied Health Professional or Social Worker with experience in urgent or community care, we want to hear from you! We're seeking individuals who thrive on interdisciplinary and multi-agency working to deliver high quality patient centred care.
You should be:
- Registered with NMC/HCPC/SWE
- Operating at a Band 6 level or above, wanting to further develop skills in transformational leadership.
- Have a passion for multidisciplinary and multi-agency collaboration.
As a Band 7 Triage Clinician Lead, you’ll be part of our valued team at BaNES Care Coordination Centre in Peasedown St John receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £43,742 - £50,056 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea and coffee at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.