Join Our Team at St. Martin's Hospital as a Cleaner and Get a £500 (pro-rata) Welcome Bonus!
Are you someone who pays close attention to details and likes to keep things clean and safe? Do you believe cleanliness and hygiene is important in a hospital environment to the recovery of our patients?
St. Martin's Hospital is looking for cleaners to join our team. You will be an important part of making sure everything is clean and safe for our patients. You can work for as little as 6 hours a week or up to 32.5 hours a week, depending on what suits you.
Why Choose St. Martin's Hospital?
- Help People: Every day, you'll help our patients feel better. You'll make sure they have a clean and safe place to stay while they're getting better.
- Friendly Team: Our hospital is like a big family. We work together and care about each other. You'll have friends here who want to make a difference, just like you.
- Learn and Grow: We believe in helping you get better at your job. We'll teach you new things so you can do even better.
- Nice Place to Work: Our hospital has all the best equipment and technology. You'll have everything you need to do your job well, and it's a comfortable place to work.
This is a part time position where you will work 15 hours across the week Monday - Friday between the times of 4:00pm - 7:00pm
What Will You Do?
You'll make sure rooms, clinical rooms, and public places are clean and hygienic which helps our patients feel better and heal faster. You'll also clean high-touch areas to stop the spread of germs.
You need to pay attention to details and do your best to keep everything sanitised and tidy. You'll work with our healthcare team and help make sure everything runs smoothly and safely.
The Ideal Candidate
What We Like:
- Kindness: You understand that a clean place helps patients, families, and staff feel better
- Honesty: You take your job seriously and make sure everyone is safe and comfortable.
- Flexibility: Hospitals can be busy, and things can change quickly. You can handle it when things get busy and still do a great job.
- Hard Work: You look for things to do and take pride in making everything better for everyone.
What We Need:
- It's a plus if you've cleaned things before, especially in a hospital.
- You need to be good at talking to different people and working together with them.
- You have to promise to keep everything you see and hear at the hospital a secret.
- You should be okay with working at different times, like in the evenings, on weekends, or holidays.
Join St. Martin's Hospital as a Cleaner, where your hard work makes a big difference. Apply now and start helping us keep things clean and safe for everyone!
- We are offering a £500 Welcome Bonus (Pro Rata) for this role!
- A salary of £20,319 Full-Time Equivalent (this will be pro rata'd depending on the hours worked) with access to our group pension
- Free tea and coffee at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.