- As a Care Coordinator you’ll join a team who are focused on delivering impeccable customer service to our staff and service users to really make our service users and staff feel the difference.
- The Care Co-Ordination Centre operates 7 days a week 8am-8pm and the role will require the post holder to work a variety of sessions during these hours, inclusive of weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter Holidays.
- We have both a full-time and a part-time opportunity to join our team, where our part time opportunity is for 25 hours per week.
The post holder will be the first point of contact within HCRG Care Group to receive and pass on referrals within expected timeframes from service users, GP’s and the Integrated Health and Social Care teams across North Kent
Your days will be challenging and rewarding, including booking clinic appointments and dealing with referrals and telephone calls from patients, carers/relatives, GP's, hospitals and other community providers. You will be based primarily at Gravesham Community Hospital.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with a range of people on a day to day basis
- Administrative experience in a busy, customer facing environment
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Use of own car with ability to work across different locations if required
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
As a Care Coordinator, you’ll be part of our dynamic team at Gravesham Community Hospital. You will feel valued within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £20,319 per annum (pro rata*) with group pension
- Free on site-parking at Gravesham Community Hospital
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.