A great opportunity has arisen to join our Business Support team as a Team Leader where your new role will cover the whole of Wiltshire Children’s Community Health Services within the specified locality. As a Team Leader, you will oversee all administrative function and ensure that the Business Support teams work effectively.
The Trowbridge Business Support Team proudly support all those who access our services to incur the best experiences and outcomes. With an excellent training department, we strongly support those who wish to pursue apprenticeships to help with professional development!
By joining our team, you will provide line management to administrators and deal wit all management issues such as workloads, performance, annual leave and other HR matters that may arise. While you will have line management responsibilities, the role includes an administrative workload and you will be expected to provide cover within the Business Support team when required.
- Day to day management of Administrators, ensuring all tasks within Team are covered appropriately while also maintaining own administrative workload.
- Key Communication, working with managers and senior practitioners to ensure that statutory and other timescales for tasks are achieved.
- Liaise with other Business Support Team Leaders to ensure that all service areas are adequately covered.
- Attend and actively contribute to a range of meetings to represent the Business Support function as required.
- Maintain effective communication with the Business Support Manager to ensure that tasks are prioritised and resourced effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience line managing staff and is able to work with discretion and can maintain confidentiality with all sensitive topics. You will also have good planning and organisational skills with the ability to delegate tasks appropriately.
Due to the nature of this role, it may be required for the successful candidate to travel to other sites to cover absences and training purposes.
As a Team Leader you’ll be part of our valued team at Trowbridge
You will feel valued as a Team Leader within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £24,720 (pro rated to hours worked) with group pension
- Free parking via permit issue
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency, and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.