Join our friendly team as a Registered (adult) Nurse, Mental health nurse with relevant experience or Paramedics with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience at CRG Medical Services.
Playing an integral role within our custody healthcare service, which allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.
You will work on a zero hour contract for bank work and will work 12 hour shifts.
- To undertake comprehensive clinical assessments and offer care to persons detained by the police or other agencies as required – to assess fitness for detention, interview, release or transfer.
- To provide healthcare interventions to manage minor illness or injury and take appropriate actions and refer onwards for more serious conditions.
- To undertake forensic examination of persons in police care – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and/or collect DNA evidence
- To undertake forensic examination of police officers/staff injured whilst on duty – to record (and if appropriate give opinion of cause of) injuries and manage these appropriately
- To collect specimens as required under legislation
- To provide written statements as required
- Following the relevant training, attend any Court or Tribunal as required
- To make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records
- To assess alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal
- Identify vulnerabilities and safeguarding pathways
- To support the clinical governance agenda of the organisation
- Administer medications through PGDs (patient group directions) and PTPs (Patient treatment protocol)
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must be a Registered Nurse or Registered Paramedic. You must have a current driving license and access to own vehicle. You may be required to travel to another custody suite locally.
All types of medical experience will be considered. This role is exciting and different from other typical medical settings. It requires quick thinking, great communication and the ability to work independently.
You will feel valued as a part of our BANK team, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Self-booking and access to all bank shifts! Staff are given access to all Bank shifts within their Business Unit and can self-book providing they meet the shift requirements.
- Request a Duty – Staff can make shifts or Day Off requests prior to the creation of a roster up to six weeks in advance. This helps promote a better work life balance and allows for personal commitments to be met
- HCRG Care Group is pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards
- Opportunities to work in different areas and various different services to gain new knowledge and experience
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Free statutory and mandatory training, as well as access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills and in-house opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
CRG is one of the leading providers of Forensic Medical Services within the UK.
We have experience delivering solutions for Police Forces, ranging from some of the most rural areas in the country to heavily urbanised populations.
We work closely with our police partners and other stakeholders across the secure healthcare market to provide high quality, innovative solutions in this challenging environment.
Our work allows us to help some of the most vulnerable members of society, reaching a number of patients who may otherwise receive no professional healthcare support.