We are seeking either a term-time only or all year round Band 6 Imunisation Nurse to work over 5 days a week in our Salisbury Team. Work takes place in a variety of settings across Salisbury & surrounding areas, including schools, clinics, and community venues to deliver the National Childhood Immunisation Programme and Childhood Flu Campaign.
Flexibility is required for this opportunity, as there is a requirement for our team to frequently arrive by 7.30am at the base to pack equipment for the day and depending on the size of the session, hours could exceed 8 hours, although it is understood that the time is taken back on other working days.
You will work closely with School Nurses, Educational staff, Primary Care colleagues, NHS England, Public Health and other agencies to ensure a highly efficient, effective and safe service is provided.
As a Band 6 Immunisation Nurse responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- The post holder will line manage members of the nursing team (Band 5 staff and below) and provide leadership to all staff at immunisation sessions.
- To provide an immunisation service which is of high quality and can respond flexibly to the needs of the individual and local population
- Taking the lead by planning, delivering and evaluating immunisation sessions to ensure the provision of safe effective care on behalf of the service and to ensure that all organisational standards and values are met.
- Work to maximise vaccination uptake to meet immunisation targets, by reducing any barriers and working proactively.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a Registered Nursing qualification and hold current registration with the NMC. In addition, we are looking for nurses who are passionate about the importance of immunisation, along with:
- A positive, adaptable outlook with problem solving abilities
- Quality focused
- Flexibility to cross cover other areas across Wiltshire and occasionally support the Bath and Swindon team if required
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post (driving self and others in own vehicle or team van throughout Salisbury & surrounding areas)
- Able to meet the manual handling requirements
- Knowledge and experience of delivering immunisation programmes is highly regarded
For more information on the role, including the job description or to organise a confidential discussion, please contact Sally Humphries at email@example.com
You will receive a Band 6 AFC salary and terms and conditions including an NHS pension, along with access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Access to Reward Gateway - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Leisure Vouchers
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 by our Chief Executive Dr Vivienne McVey and like-minded colleagues, we are one of the UK’s leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services.
From around 500 locations across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year – guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
HCRG Care Group is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.