We are looking for a Band 6 Podiatrist to join our community based service providing both clinic and domiciliary experience, covering Ormskirk, Skelmersdale, Burscough and Tarleton. We offer flexible hours, along with the chance for hybrid working - working between the community and remote at home to complete administrative duties.
Joining us as a Podiatrist, you will be offered NHS AfC Terms and Conditions. We also offer visa sponsorship for soon to qualify international students and international applications.
As a Band 6 Podiatrist, you will;
- work as part of the podiatry team, providing assessment and treatment for patients referred for assessment and intervention.
- be responsible for the comprehensive assessment, treatment planning, delivery evaluation and discharge of evidence-based podiatry intervention in appropriate locations, for example patients’ homes and other community locations.
- assess and treat a caseload which includes complex cases, in line with experience and ability, as an autonomous practitioner with appropriate supervision, evidencing high level problem solving and reasoning skills and independence of judgment.
- promote health and reduce inequalities for individuals, families, and communities, optimise opportunities for health promotion and health education to enable patients to maximise their potential in terms of health and social wellbeing.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a Professional Degree or equivalent in Podiatry and current Professional Registration with HCPC Podiatrist. Along with, evidence of continued professional development.
You will be expected to visit patients in the community- so a driving license and access to a car is an essential requirement for this post.
We have built organisation-wide committees in many specialist fields. You’ll have the option to join your clinical specialism, networking with professionals from across the country. We get together regularly, auditing and sharing standard methodology for innovation and service re-design. You’ll be a part of the pool of subject matter experts bringing together clinical and operational leads.
You will receive Band 6 salary and AfC terms and conditions – including an NHS pension. You’ll be part of our valued team at HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
You will also have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Band 6 Salary with NHS pension and AfC terms and conditions.
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.