HCRG Care Group is seeking a highly skilled Band 6 Midwife for a 12-month fixed term contract to work in the community.
Join our dynamic and supportive team in providing exceptional care to mothers and their families in their own homes. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse patient population, further develop your clinical skills and contribute to the growth of our organization. You will work alongside our dedicated Health Visitors, supporting them to deliver a high level of service and care to local families within Lancashire and this offers a great opportunity to gain community exposure to assist in your career development, particularly if a career in Health Visiting is of interest to you.
We have both full and part time roles available, our services run Monday - Friday between 9am - 6pm, allowing you to have flexible hours and a fantastic work/life balance.
As a midwife you would be supporting the health visitors in delivering aspects of the healthy child programme so the ante natal contact and the 6-8 week check, Infant feeding support etc as delegated by the health visitor. An induction and training package will be provided.
You will deliver individualized care and support to clients, within the framework of the ‘Healthy Child Programme’ and exhibit excellence in the standards of service delivery and to be an effective teacher and role model for others to aspire to.
You will understand the concept of Clinical Governance and be skilled in the identification, assessment and protection of vulnerable children and families
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong midwifery background, excellent communication skills, and a passion for delivering quality patient care in the community setting,
You must also:
- Be a registered midwife
- Obtain a valid UK driving license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for delivering high-quality, person-centered care
- A drive to continuously develop professionally and expand their skill set.
As a Band 6 Midwife, you’ll be part of our valued team at our Lancashire 0-19 service
You will feel valued as a Midwife within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Band 6 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.