Role is Wiltshire-wide
Are you a thoughtful and dedicated Children’s Occupational Therapist? Are you based in the Wiltshire Are you looking to join an NHS Health and Social Care partner which is striving to make positive changes?
As one of our Occupational Therapist you will support children with movement disorders, disability and illness to develop their gross and fine motor skills and help them to reach their full potential.
As a valued member of our Integrated Therapies Team you will join our Team, and work across the county to provide exceptional care to the children and families in Wiltshire. You will work alongside dedicated and highly-skilled Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Therapy Assistants and Administration team members, primarily working in Salisbury and surroundings towns/villages like Trowbridge and Chippenham.
If you are a Children’s Occupational Therapist with your HCPC qualification we’d love to talk to you about having you join the team.
Within this role, you will:
- Deliver high quality, individualised, evidenced based care to all patients
- Teaching of patients, carers and peers
- Ensuring that therapy input is integrated into the patients’ overall care plan
- Operating as an autonomous practitioner working without direct supervision and at times lone working
- Providing support to unqualified staff and students
- Working with managers to develop the service in line with patient need, local and national developments
- To maintain accurate records in line with local standards and The Royal college of Occupational Therapists standards.
- Maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients
- Learning, developing and adapting to change evidenced in CPD
- Operating in a team and contributing to team decisions
- Managing own caseload and prioritising work
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- HCPC (Occupational Therapy) registration
- BSc/Diploma in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- The ability to work flexibly across specialities as need arises
- The ability to carry out a range of assessments and procedures in order to write and evaluate treatment plans
- The ability to identify and set clinical goals with patient and/or carer
- Experience of working within a Health Care organisation at preregistration or post registration level
- Knowledge of relevant national guidance and other relevant initiatives
- The ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams across health, social and voluntary sectors
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation, adaptability and innovation skills
- Access to a car and hold a valid UK license
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
As a Band 6 Occupational Therapist, you’ll be part of our valued team in Wiltshire.
You will feel valued as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £35,392 - £42,618 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea and coffee at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
Looking to relocate? We have a rare opportunity to support you in your move to Wiltshire and can discuss an exclusive relocation package tailored to you!
Certificate of Sponsorship
We pride ourselves as being a team with wide ranging opportunities which is why we are welcoming applications from job seekers all over the world, who meet the advert criteria.
Applicants who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applicants. For further information please visit
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.