A Band 5 School Staff Nurse opportunity has arisen working for HCRG Care Group, Salisbury & Amesbury, as part of the Wiltshire wide School Nursing Team.
You will be a Registered Nurse with an interest in providing services to Children, Young People and their families within the community setting. You’ll join an experienced team who are focused on clinical excellence.
We are very excited to be delivering our School Nursing Public Health Service to provide the Healthy Child Programme using a holistic approach in order to ensure a comprehensive Public Health Service to the school aged population and their families.
The service embraces electronic record keeping, mobile working and a Single Point of Access (SPA) for all services delivered to the 0-19 population, providing one record for one child.
Working within the Salisbury Team, you will be part a team of other Staff Nurses and School Health Support Workers, led by Specialist Community Public Health School Nurses, working closely with other SCPHN's, Schools, and all other community services supporting the 0-19 population, such as Health Visitors, Community Nursery Nurses, Speech and Language Therapists, and Community Paediatricians.
As a School Staff Nurse you will;
- Understand the concept of Clinical Governance and be skilled in the identification, assessment and protection of vulnerable children and families.
- To support the school nurse community service as part of the skill mixed public health team.
- Help to contribute to the development of the School nursing service in the defined locality through liaison with and support from the Specialist School Nurse and innovative practice to meet health needs.
- Collaborate with key partners to address public health needs as an advocate for children/young people, families/carers and the school health service.
- To be responsible for the assessment of children’s health needs to identify any deviation from normal development in line with Safeguarding Children and young people and the Early Support assessment.
For a full list of responsibilities please see attached Job Description.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate will have;
- Registered nurse or midwife.
- Evidence of post registration education.
- Practice Assessor/Supervisor qualification or willingness to undertake
- Post Registration Experience
- Understanding of the public health role of the school nurse.
- Understanding of working within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Ability to make clinical judgments and decisions and to be accountable for choices made.
- Use of a car during working hours.
- Experience interagency and collaborative working.
- Experience of working in the community with children and young people.
- Knowledge of child protection proceedings.
- Experience of working within school health team.
Please see attached Job Description for full Personal Specification.
As a School Staff Nurse, you’ll be part of our valued team at Salisbury and Amesbury.
You will feel valued as a School Staff Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £28,407 - £34,581 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a number of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company