Please note we also have positions in the following locations:
On behalf of the NHS, Essex County Council and WECCG, HCRG Care Group and Barnardo’s are commissioned to provide a range of children, young people and family services throughout Essex that are free at the point of delivery.
Within West Essex we also deliver the Children’s Community Specialist Health Services including Children’s Community Nursing, Children’s Therapies and Community Paediatrics.
The service, known as the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service, focusses on ensuring that everyone in Essex has the best possible start in life through meeting the identified needs of children, young people and their families.
Our services are offered across Essex from the Antenatal period up until a young person turns 19 or 25 for those with Special Educational Needs. We are located within the community delivering outcome based support to families within their homes, schools or at one of our Family Hubs and Delivery Sites.
We are striving to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for children and families in the community, for the community, with the community.
As a School Nurse within the Essex Child & Family Wellbeing Service you’ll join a team who are focused on clinical excellence and who recently received a “Good” CQC rating.
As a School Nurse, you’ll join a Healthy Family Team who are focused on clinical excellence. Your days will be rewarding and varied and include offering support to children and families and empowering them to reach their full potential.
There is a Healthy Family Team located within every District of Essex and is made up of a Multi-disciplinary team, including Health Visitors, School Nurses, Family Wellbeing Nurses and additional colleagues who work together to provide family support.
As a School Nurse, you will work alongside SCPHN School Nurses and be responsible for the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme, including assessment of health needs, development, implementation, and evaluation of packages of care. You will work as a team to offer every family a universal School Nursing services to support aspects of a child/Young person’s development and health from Transition into School up to the age of 19 (25 for SEND).
You will provide leadership and act as positive role model by supporting colleagues and demonstrating excellent standards of care.
You will undertake mentorship responsibilities for pre-registration students whilst on placement within the service and provide preceptorship to support new staff members. You will be supported to do this by our Practice Education team. SCPHN training is available after 1 year in post.
Regular safeguarding supervision will be provided along with opportunities for continued professional development.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a nursing qualification and experience of working with children and young people, along with a passion and drive to help ensure that children have the best possible start in life.
A comprehensive induction programme is provided by our dedicated Practice Education Team. Applications from newly qualified Nurses looking to start their career in a community setting will be considered.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will have a valid UK driving licence and have access to a car for work use.
You will feel valued as a Band 5 School Nurse with HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- AfC band 5 salary and NHS terms and conditions –including an NHS pension
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance - including consideration to Term Time only
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to Reward Gateway - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Leisure Vouchers
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with a number of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.