Are you a qualified Registered Nurse looking to make a change and be part of a team where you will supported and appreciated? HMP Norwich are looking for:
- Band 5 Community Nurses
- Band 5 Staff Nurses
The role will include 12.5 hour shift work on a rotary pattern with flexible work days. Including night work, every other weekend with night and weekend enhancements greatly topping up the stated salary.
About the service:
HMP Norwich is a local Category B prison that houses male prisoners that have come direct from court or police custody and is made up of several different wings. HCRG provide 24/7 healthcare services within the prison. HCRG provide both emergency and primary care. Social and Palliative care is also provided within one wing in the establishment. HCRG also provides a CSMS (substance misuse) service.
Contact Diane, our Registered Clinical Manager firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Within this role you will:
- Assess individual care needs, implement, and evaluate holistic programmes of care
- Treat all patients as individuals, listening to their concerns, and always respecting their privacy and dignity
- Adhere to medicines management related activities in accordance with HCRG Care Group's medicines policy to ensure the safe, legal, and appropriate use of medicines
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary and collaborate team
- Attend appropriate training and maintain competencies in all relevant areas
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a registered nurse with an NMC registration and previous experience of working in a hospital or custodial setting. You will also have a keen interest in providing healthcare for our prison inpatients.
We offer development for newly qualified nurse and welcome applications.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Outlook, Word, and Excel.
On the day we will have managers, and colleagues so you can discuss the day to day activity and see who you would be working alongside. You will be able to discuss with colleagues how they have progressed through the positions and how we have been able to support with their professional development.
As a Prison Band 5 Nurse, you’ll be part of our valued team at HMP Norwich within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £28,407 - £34,581 with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions and Night and weekend Enhancements.
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Free and on site-parking at HMP Norwich
- on site Gym open to all employees
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.