As a Band 5 Ward Nurse working for HCRG Care Group, you will work collaboratively alongside our multi-disciplinary teams, consisting of around 30 members of staff. This post is based at Gravesham Community Hospital, where you will be responsible for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning delivery and evaluation of patient care. You should be passionate about the rehabilitation of patients in your care and be encouraging them, to aid their ability for independent living.
Within our multi disciplinary teams within the organisation we have a rapid response team consisting of Nurses and Therapist and a Community team consisting of Nurses and Care Assistants to deliver the best possible patient care.
You will also be supported when you first start in your role by managers, colleagues and our TLE department to complete all your training and to show you the ropes of the job! We also offer a preceptorship scheme to support newly qualified staff within the first year of employment and also a return to practice scheme. You’re learning and development in the role will also be supported through our dedication to regular team meetings to share best practice and weekly one to ones with managers. You will also be provided with the latest equipment to allow you to provide the clinical standards of the highest quality. We also continue to thrive in our environment to excel in the CQC domains.
This is an opportunity to put your NMC/ 1st level registration to great use, you will have the ability to work both independently and also as part of a wider multidisciplinary team. It is expected that you should have strong communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach which will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey.
You’ll care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work to help us continue to change things for the better. We feel passionate that everyone should feel valued when they come into contact with our organisation, whether that's you, someone we care for or the wider community we operate in.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are a community nurse with NMC/1st level registration we’d love to talk to you about having you join the team.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
As an Inpatient Ward Staff Nurse you’ll be part of our valued team at Gravesham Community Hospital.
You will feel valued as a Community Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £28,407 - £34,581 Band 5 Salary with NHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Plentiful on site-parking
- Working for an organisation that has been shortlisted in the Nursing Times Workforce Awards 2023 for Best Equality and Diversity Project and Best Social Responsibility Programme. We are also delighted to have been shortlisted for the Wellbeing and Employee Engagement Award for our menopause support package, and for the Best Cost of Living Response Award for our cost of living support. The winner will be announced at the CIPP's Annual Excellence Awards on Thursday 5 October.
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.