Come and join our friendly colleague supporting, patient centric and passionate clinical team at Reading Walk-In Health Centre in the centre of Reading located in Broad Street Mall, roughly 15 miles away from Ascot and 21 miles away from Windsor.
Reading Walk-In Health Centre is a vibrant and dynamic surgery servicing 11,500 patients from the local area, offering a variety different types of care to our patients as well as sub-specialist services. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and innovative GP Clinical Lead to join our multidisciplinary primary care team. The Walk-In Service is suspended at present due to COVID pressures
alk-In Health Centre
We are looking for a practice nurse to come and join our friendly service at Reading Walk-In Health Centre in Reading. Reading Walk-In Health Centre is a dynamic and forward-thinking practice – delivering an excellent health care service to our patients through innovative and passionate health care colleagues, where we are always striving to make a difference in primary care. You will be joining our multi-disciplinary team where you will be sharing your ideas and concepts to take Reading Walk-In Health Centre into the future of primary care.
We are committed to providing our patients with a full general practice service and access to a range of health professionals. We offer a range of health services and information as well as advice and treatment for a range of illnesses and minor injuries.
To deliver high quality, evidence based nursing care including achievement of the Quality and Outcome Framework and other key performance indicators to patients registered with Reading Walk-In Health Centre.
Nursing procedures to include, but not limited to -
- Wound management
- Measuring blood pressure & Venepuncture
- Routine injections as prescribed
- Cervical Smears
- Childhood and Adult immunisations, including reading and reviewing Patient Group Directives (PGDs) and Patient Specific Directives (PSDs)
- Well Person Health Checks including Foreign Travel Counselling, NHS Health Checks, Lifestyle and New Patient Checks
- Obesity and weight/diet management
- Family Planning
- Chronic disease management and prevention ~ Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Stroke, Epilepsy, IHD, COPD and Asthma
- Leg ulcer management
- Minor Injuries and Minor Illness
- CVD risk assessments and Q risk interpretation and assessments.
- Home visits for Housebound patients – to include routine checks (eg Diabetic) and flu vaccines.
- Referrals – Podiatry, Counselling, Audiology, etc
- Ensuring all specimens are checked and sent to laboratory as required
- You will be fully conversant in QOF, read coding and uphold strategies to provide a holistic combined healthcare for the patient and demonstrate a willingness to participate in research/audit within the practice team.
- You will be aware of DES/LES policies and apply and produce, alongside the Practice Manager, protocols that reflect the guidelines that are workable in the practice.
- You will be aware of KPIs and work alongside the clinical and managerial team to meet these targets.
- Participate in the education of students of all disciplines.
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the treatment room and equipment and to ensure the clinical areas are at all times safe for staff and patients.
- To lead on Infection Control in line with guidelines and policies.
- Advise patients and relatives/carers on general health care and ailments with referral to GP’s as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have an Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification, NMC registered and hold a prescribing qualification.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages like Outlook, Word, Excel.
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, you will feel valued within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Band 6 Salary and access to our group pension
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with most of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.