We’re looking for a motivated Administrator / Switchboard Operator to join our friendly and dynamic team based at St Martin’s Hospital, Bath!
As an Administrator and Switchboard Operator you will be the point of call to answer all internal and external calls into the Hospital Switchboard in a polite and timely manner and forward any calls to the relevant departments.
You will join a welcoming team of 10 people working together to be the first point of contact for our all our local services, including our new 24 hour service Bath Falls Ambulance Car and UCR.
We work on a rota basis with shifts including 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7pm shifts on a rotating basis. There will be occasions where lone working is necessary, we are looking for a team player who also can work autonomously.
Our service has free parking at St Martin’s Hospital, Bath as well as being located near to a local supermarket and coffee shop.
You will also receive enhancements for working any unsocial hours
As an Administrator / Switchboard Operator you will:
- Provide a professional and courteous image of the services as the first point of contact
- Work within the Main Ward Block of the Hospital answering all external and internal calls.
- Deal with enquiries and inputting patient information into our clinical systems
- Judge urgency of queries through in-depth questioning
- Respond to The Major incident alert, to contact relevant personnel, to act as main point of contact and to record all subsequent instructions received.
- Contact our relevant partners when necessary
- Make effective use of IT switchboard system
- Provide administrative support to the service
- Monitor fire alarm systems, CCTV Monitors and Security Alarms
For a full list of responsibilities please see attached Job Description
The role involves acting as point of contact for the Bath Falls Ambulance Car and UCR which is new 24 hour service, alongside taking all Major incident calls into the Hospital for the surrounding areas.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a Switchboard Operator or Administrator role and great customer service skills
- Open to working night shifts, late shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with discretion, sensitivity and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft packages
- Accurate and efficient IT and keyboard Skills
- Effective interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide variety of colleagues and service users, both verbally and in writing
For a full list of qualities please see attached Job Description
As an Administrator / Switchboard Operator, you'll feel part of our valued team at St Martin's Hospital, Bath.
You will feel valued as a Administrator/Switchboard Operator within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £20,500 with access to our group pension
- You will also receive enhancements for working unsocial hours
- Free tea and coffee at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with a majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
Our services runs 24/7 all year round and shift patterns are set at 7-3pm, 3-11pm and 11-7am
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.