Wednesday 2nd November
Reading Walk-in Health Centre, 1st Floor, 103-105 Broad St, Mall, Reading RG1 7QA
10am - 4pm
Come and join our friendly colleague supporting, patient centric and passionate clinical team at Reading Walk-In Health Centre in the centre of Reading located in Broad Street Mall, roughly 15 miles away from Ascot and 21 miles away from Windsor.
Reading Walk-In Health Centre is a vibrant and dynamic surgery servicing 11,500 patients from the local area, offering a variety different types of care to our patients as well as sub-specialist services. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and innovative GP Clinical Lead to join our multidisciplinary primary care team. The Walk-In Service is suspended at present due to COVID pressures
- Offering general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Provide and receive information face to face, over the telephone, in writing or by electronic mediums from patients, doctors, practice nurse, colleagues, managers, other external contacts (eg, pharmacist, secondary care, nursing homes, etc.), members of the wider Primary Health Care Team and other visitors and ensure that where necessary, messages are passed onto the appropriate person
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Demonstrating excellent IT and workload management skills
- Supporting a varied, complex and changeable service.
- A range of difficult situations – always demonstrating a sensitive and diplomatic approach, especially when dealing with emotional members of the public.
- Understand and comply with confidentiality and information governance policies and procedures
- Answering telephone calls in a timely and appropriate manner
- Liaising with reception team and providing the required cover and being flexible during emergencies.
- Sign post patients appropriately.
- Operate the Emis Web Clinical system.
- Process referrals and process Docman (document management system)
- Open, sort and distribute internal and external post.
- Participate in any training considered appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Cover for colleagues in the event of absence through sickness or holidays as required.
- Support with identification and notification of Health & Safety issues.
- Ability to work to own initiative but also to take direct and execute tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Promote effective communication and relationships within the team
- Work collaboratively as a team member to achieve the objectives of the Medical Services contract and aspirations of the team
The Ideal Candidate
You are friendly, polite and enthusiastic and enjoy working in an exciting role within a well-established GP practice offering interesting and varied patient caseloads and a fantastic work-life balance.
Experience in this role is desirable but not essential.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
We are holding a Recruitment Open Days in Reading's Walk-In Centre on Wednesday 2nd November this is a great opportunity for you to come and see all the great work the services at HCRG Care Group in Reading provide. You will be able to discuss opportunities with the management team get an understanding for the type of work we do and how you could be an integral part of this.
As a Administrator, you’ll be part of our valued team at Reading Walk-in Health Centre
You will feel valued as a Administrator within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £18,525 with group pension
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- *An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- *The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with 100% of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.