We have a full time opportunity as a Band 6 Senior Community Nurse, where you will be providing care, advice and support to housebound service users in their own homes in order to promote their well-being and independence. You will have the autonomy to manage your own diary, working flexibly between the hours of 8am and 5pm on a 7 day working rota, based from The Hollies Midsomer Norton
“When I joined the community I assumed the majority of my workload would be wound care but it’s quite the opposite, my skills have widened massively and my confidence has grown. I love the variety each day brings and being able to see the positive changes I can make to our service users.”
The purpose of the role is to manage the district nursing team. The post holder has overall responsibility for all aspects of service user management in the team, planning day to day care and problem solving for the team where necessary, influencing changes to clinical practice and being a role model. The role involves communicating with the multidisciplinary team and attending MDT meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a NMC/1st level registered Nurse, you will have the ability to work both independently and also as part of a wider multidisciplinary team. It is expected that you should have strong communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach which will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey. You will have a full UK driving license with access to a car for work purposes.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will feel valued as a Band 6 Senior Community Nurse with HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- AfC salary and terms and conditions –including an NHS pension
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to Reward Gateway - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Leisure Vouchers
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 by our Chief Executive Dr Vivienne McVey and like-minded colleagues, we are one of the UK’s leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services.
From around 500 locations across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year – guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
HCRG Care Group is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.